Nutritional Assessment & Infusion Center
We are pleased to offer IV Fluid Vitamin & Medication Therapy for high-risk pregnancies in our Central Austin obstetrical office!
Austin Perinatal Associates is the one-stop shop for all of your high-risk and complicated pregnancy needs. In that spirit, we are proud to expand our services to include therapies that might otherwise take time away from the busy patient and her obstetrician.
Patients will now be able to receive IV hydration, IV Zofran, Reglan, Phenergan and Decadron for refractory hyperemesis. Additionally, IV multivitamin and B-12 replacement and supplementation will be readily available.
For those patients with iron-deficiency anemia refractory to oral replacement and for patients intolerant to oral iron, we can simply and easily monitor and replace their iron stores using a variety of options.
As rare as they are, APA is equipped to monitor and intervene in the event of any form of allergic or anaphylactic-type reaction.
- Comprehensive blood screening
- Dietary evaluation
- Dehydration & Nausea
- Iron Deficiency
- B-12 and folic acid replacement
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Probiotic therapy
Perinatal Service Need
Austin Perinatal Associates has served the complex obstetrical needs of the women of central Texas for more than 19 years. Some of our recent patients have identified the paucity of options for infusion therapy for patients with the diagnosis of dehydration, hyperemesis gravidarum and refractory iron deficiency anemia. Most of these patients require hospital admission or outpatient evaluation and treatment at a hematology/oncology office, receiving iron infusions alongside chemotherapy patients.
We are excited to offer this comfortable and safe alternative for pregnant patients requiring IV fluids and medications. And, as always, we are here to assist all pregnant patients with compassionate and professional care. Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. David Berry or any of our nursing staff, should you have any questions about your patients' specific needs.
- Poor maternal weight gain
- Gastric bypass
- Vegetarian or Vegan diet patients
- Iron deficiency
- Eating disorders (Anorexia or Bulimia)
- Full nutritional assessment (preventative)
- Focused cellular level nutrition evaluation
- Diet and supplement evaluation
- Anemia risks and evaluation
- Targeted nutritional assessment
- Closely spaced pregnancies
- GI malabsorption syndromes
- GI inflammatory conditions (Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s)
- History of poor diet
- Desire to maximize maternal health
- Iron deficiency
- B-12 or Folate deficiencies
- Unexplained or recurrent illness
- Low energy, fatigue
- Deficiencies related to drug therapy (anti-epileptic drugs)
- Rehydration and therapy for hyperemesis
- IV, IM and oral steroid options for hyperemesis
- IV Zofran, Reglan and Phenergan for acute hyperemesis
- Focused nutritional replacement
- Dietary recommendations
- Supplement modification
- IV iron replacement
- Methylated B-vitamin/Folate replacement
- Vitamin C and D replacement recommendations
- Vitamin E and K assessment and recommendations
- Calcium and magnesium assessment and replacement
- Probiotic recommendations
Why Choose Dr. David L. Berry
- Twenty years MFM experience in Austin
- Professional psychological/emotional assistance for patients
- Customized care plan for every patient
- Cervical cerclage expert: 96% full-term success
- Compassionate team of caregivers