What to Bring to Check-In
When you check in for your appointment at Austin Perinatal Associates, we ask that you bring a few items with you in order to expedite the process:
Items needed for check-in
- Request for Services – this form may have been given to you by your obstetric-care provider or it may have been sent by fax prior to your appointment.
- Valid insurance card or current month’s active Medicaid card.
- A photo identification card (driver’s license or passport).
- For those on Healthcare Exchange Policies, please bring proof of payment of current month’s premiums (cancelled check or bank statement).
- Lists of any medications and medication allergies.
- Any new patient forms, if you are a new patient.
- A list of questions for Dr. Berry or his staff
Why do I need each item?
- The Request for Services will identify which type of service is needed in order to insure that the correct time and appointment are arranged.
- A valid insurance or current Medicaid card is imperative if you request that we bill your insurance.
- Without a valid card and proof of identification, services must be paid in full prior to the time of service.
- Without proof of premium payment for your Healthcare Exchange insurance, there is no way to pre-verify your eligibility for benefits and full payment will be due at the time of service.
- Medications and allergies are needed to integrate your needs with your treatment plan.
- Patients frequently forget some of the important questions that they need to have answered. Dr. Berry invites you to ask any and all questions during your appointment. It is the philosophy of Austin Perinatal Associates that, “If you aren’t satisfied, we did not do our job properly.”
When should I arrive?Please arrive 15 minutes before your first appointed time. If you will be more than 15 minutes late, please call our office to see if different arrangements need to be made to accommodate you and our other patients. Patients arriving significantly later than their appointed time may be asked to re-schedule.
What to Expect from Arrival to Check-Out
Arrival and Check-InUpon arrival to Austin Perinatal Associates, you will be greeted by one of our front office staff. You will be asked to sign in at the front desk and asked for a copy of your insurance, a photo ID and your Request for Services, should you have it. You will then be asked to complete a patient history form and a patient demographic and insurance form. Some of these forms you may have printed from our website and brought with you. Permission forms, HIPAA Compliance forms and requests for billing insurance will require original signatures. If you desire to have some of your ultrasound images saved to a thumb drive, one may be purchased at this time for a nominal fee. Once your forms are complete, your chart will be made available to the clinical staff.
After completing the check-in process, find a comfortable spot in our waiting area. Please help yourself to our refreshment center located on the wall opposite to the reception desk. Should you feel that you have been waiting a long time, feel free to ask our receptionist for an estimate of what time you will be called back.
Your AppointmentEither a sonographer or nurse will call your name to come back into the clinical area for your appointment times. We welcome spouses, parents, and children into your appointments with you, as you see fit.
For diabetic education: a nurse will spend 30 – 45 minutes reviewing your diet, activity, glucose monitoring and medications. Dr. Berry will review your plan of care and answer any questions you may have.
For sonography: one of our expert sonographers, Cristina or Robin, will image your baby (or babies). Dr. Berry will review all images. If everything appears to be normal, you may not require a face-to-face meeting with Dr. Berry.
If you have multiple appointments in the same day, there may be a short delay between each phase of your appointment times depending on volume and unexpected complications that may occur with other patients.
Our goal is to address any questions or concerns during your visit. Please let us know if you have any unanswered questions. Certainly, you are also welcome to contact us after your appointment for further questions or clarification.
Check-OutOnce you have completed your time with Austin Perinatal Associates, you will be given a “Superbill” and a follow-up slip to take to the front desk. If procedures were performed that were different than those expected, your bill may be adjusted prior to your departure. You will be asked to make future appointments if needed at the check-out area.
As always, we strive to exceed your expectations. If you have any questions, concerns or comments, they may be directed to the office manager, Jinnie, at any time.